Monday, December 4

Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland

So, even though the snow has melted; I'm still very much in the holiday mood. The other day I tried to decide what was my favorite thing about Christmas...and I've decided that it is the music. I always get so excited when we start singing christmas music in Choir, or start playing it in Orchestra, because when we do; the memories just flood back! Some of my favorites are; Carol of the Bells, Breath of Heaven, Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, Little Drummer Boy, Do You Hear What I Hear?, and Jingle Bell Rock. Nothing like turning up some good Mannheim Steamroller when you're decorating the tree! Christmas is, to me, also about family. We usually host Christmas at our home, it's the only holiday that we invite everyone over. My cousins drive from all over, some fly, and it's always chaos. Christmas always means babies. It's a time where I get to spend hours with all the little ones. Another thing is the cookie decorating, my cousin always comes over sometime this time of year, and we decorate over a hundred Christmas cookies for the party. This year, I'll be missing some of the party while I'm performing some Christmas music at my church. It'll be a huge service and my friend Matt has composed some music for me and my Viola, his Piano, and a Cellist. I'm also told that Pastor Steve will be singing. I'm really excited about it. Winter is such a romantic season, a much more intimate and meaningful time then your summer flings. But, I don't mind spending this Christmas alone, because I'll be at least thinking of someone special.

What about you?

1 comment:

Kate Diamond said...

I'm thinking I need to get some grading done! And I haven't done any of my shopping... but at least the "snow pile" of papers in my living room is getting shovelled down a bit.

Hm. What to get my father for Christmas? This is the question.